Jennifer S. Pride M.A.
- 2008-15 Doctoral Program, Art History, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- 2010, Admitted to Candidacy
- Dissertation Title: “Caricaturing Trauma in Haussmannized Paris”
- Specialization: Modern and Contemporary European Art, Trauma Studies, Word and Image Studies; Minor area specialization: Renaissance and Baroque.
- 2006-08 Master of Arts, Art History, Florida State University
- Thesis: “The Poetics of Black: Manet’s Masked Ball at the Opera and Baudelaire’s Poetry and Art Criticism.”
- Areas: Modern and Contemporary Art, Word and Image Studies; Minor area specialization: Medieval art and literature.
- 2008- Adjunct Instructor, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Teaching: Neo-Classicism to Impressionism; Survey of Art History I: Prehistoric to Medieval; Survey II: Renaissance to Contemporary; various upper-level undergraduate seminars (see Course Design).
- Responsibilities: writing syllabi, writing lectures, creating PowerPoint presentations, student advising, grading papers, writing and grading exams.
- Course Design: Upper-level Undergraduate Seminar: Sex & the City: Women and Art in Late 19th-century Paris; 19th-century Paris Art and Literature; Word & Image Seminar: Broadsheets, Popular Prints, Caricature; Seminar: The Modernity of 19th-Century European Art.
- 2008- Adjunct Instructor, Barry University, Tallahassee, FL
- Teaching: Contemporary Art, Experiencing Art, Survey of Art History I and II
- 2012-14 Breyer State University, Online Adjunct, Art History
Teaching Online: Baroque Art, Contemporary Art, Modern Art
- 2012-13 Adjunct Instructor, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL
Teaching: Contemporary Art, Survey of Art History I and II; same duties as above.
- 2009-10 Docent, Context Travel, Paris: Walking Seminars of the World’s Cultural Capitals, Paris, France.
- Designed and led in-depth walking seminars based on my expertise in 19th-century French art and literature. These seminars are narrative participatory experiences in small groups of no more than six participants; all docents must hold an MA or PhD.
- My Seminars: City Invented, Haussmann and the Making of Modern Paris (includes a tour of the Opera Garnier); Musée d'Orsay and Paris in the 19th Century; Giverny, a Journey to Monet’s Home and Impressionist Gardens; Louvre Crash Course, Louvre French Masters, Louvre Dutch and Flemish Masters; Centre Pompidou; Château de Versailles.
Jennifer S. Pride
2664 Nantucket Lane
Tallahassee, FL 32309
Alle Blogbeiträge von Jennifer S. Pride