Philippa Gregory M.A.
- Pip began her university career at Bristol completing a BA in Theology and Religious Studies, and an MA in Medieval Studies before training as a secondary school teacher.
- After teaching for three years, she decided that learning was more fun, and so returned to university for a second Master’s degree in Modern History at the University of Kent completed with distinction.
- The MA in Modern History introduced Pip to the iconology of cartoons and their humour which in turn led her on to continue her studies with a PhD in History under Dr Stefan Goebel and Dr Peter Donaldson looking at the cultural history of humour in cartoons from the First World War.
- Pip has also taken up the opportunity to become president of ISHA Kent (the International Students of History Association), and is a student representative for Kent University with the Historical Association.
- She has interests in many different areas of history, even the ones she no longer studies directly, and in hindsight, blames her parents for all her historical interests, even the cartoons.
University of Kent / School of History
Mail: p.m.gregory (at) kent.ac.uk